What is Drupal?
Drupal is content management software. It is a free software package that allows anyone to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website. It means you somehow “manage content” with it.
It uses modules to allow site administrators to organize and display content, customize appearance and manage routine tasks.
It is open source software maintained and developed by a community of hundreds of thousands of users and developers. It’s distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (or “GPL”), which means anyone is free to download it, share it with others, and contribute back to the project. This open development model means that people are constantly working to make sure Drupal is a cutting-edge platform that supports the latest technologies that the Web has to offer.
Hundreds of thousands of people and organizations are using Drupal to power an endless variety of sites.
Types of sites that Drupal can be used for include:
- personal or corporate Web sites
- e-commerce sites
- resource directories
- social networking sites
Benefit of DRUPAL
- Drupal is free, flexible, robust and constantly being improved by hundreds of thousands of passionate people from all over the world Join us.
- Drupal is a content management system and web application framework used and trusted by thousands of individuals, businesses, non-profits, education, government, and other organizations throughout the world for creating personal and corporate websites, eCommerce sites, social networking sites, intranets, and much more.
- It give support via various vibrant IRC channels, in the forums, and face to face at Drupal events.
- The community of Drupal has also created Documentation for Drupal, which covers major topics related to working with Drupal. The worldwide community drives the innovation that makes Drupal the preferred choice for web developers and site owners. Everybody can get involved and make a difference to Drupal.
- It is providing expertise and a deeper understanding; they can help with design, development, hosting, spam blocking, theming, training, and more.
- The Drupal project’s principles is encouraged modularity, standards, collaboration, ease-of-use, and more.
- It working filled is not limited it involve everywhere like education, health, entertainment, fastion.etc.
- It is SEO-friendly. As SEO plays a vital role in any company’s online marketing strategies, Drupal enables companies to come forward with SEO-friendly websites. It has enormous flexibility to display content in a way that search engines like.
- It is mobile-ready. Increasing spread of smart devices opens the doors for new marketing platform for the companies. Smart devices’ users can also view the Drupal website the same as that of the desktop users. Small businesses can rely on this feature in order to generate more leads.